Monday, November 21, 2016

Cozy Christmas Sew Along - Cozy Bunting Tutorial!!


Good morning and welcome to
 another tutorial during my 
Cozy Christmas Sew Along!

Today I'm showing you how I made my 
#CozyBunting


Once again...
I used the B-14 from my 
for this weeks tutorial.

It's the perfect size for a cute bunting!
You will need two - 4" squares
 of the same print for each bunting piece.

I cut 38 sets... 
for a total of 
38 bunting triangles.


Or you can use two sets of 
Cozy Christmas 5" Stackers:)

I used these plus some of the prints 
in the Cozy Christmas fat eight panels.


I used one 4 yard package of
 1/4" double fold bias tape.




I placed 2 matching prints
 with right sides together like this.

I traced all the way around the
 B-14 Sew Simple Shape 
on one of the squares only 
and then pinned together.

When using the 5" squares ...
I traced in the bottom corner so that 
after sewing and trimming I could 
use the leftover fabric 
for something else:)

Waste not want not!



I sewed on the two traced lines
 down both sides only...
and backstitched where I 
stopped and started on both ends.

I traced the top line even though
 I did not sew on it because 
I cut right on that line after trimming 
so that each bunting piece
 will be exactly the same size...


Just like this.
Again...
I cut right on the top traced line
 but trimmed about
 1/4" past the sewn lines.

I also cut the tip off just a bit:)




I turned each piece right side out 
and used the Clover turning tool
 to gently push out the point.



I pressed it flat...



And trimmed the little triangles
 off on each corner....



Like this.



Now it's ready to sew into the bias tape.



Unfold the bias tape with the short fold on top and place a bunting piece inside.
I left about an 8" tail on each end for tying.
Start sewing on the end of the bias tape...
backstitch when starting and stopping and when you get to each bunting piece...



Sew across the bias tape and the top of each piece at the same time like this.
I sew one piece at a time and then place the next one in and continue sewing. 
I do not find it necessary to pin but you could pin if you wanted:)



Here is what the other side looks like.



I sewed 38 bunting pieces because
 that's how many fit on one 4 yard package of bias tape
 with an approximate 8" tail on each end:)



I love how it turned out and after finishing one 4 yard length ...
I immediately cut more 4" squares to make more!
It's super easy and addicting...



Bunting can be hung anywhere and it
 always makes a fun and festive addition to any decor.



I love it!



It even looks cute on my aqua piano:)

I hope you have fun making your own Cozy Christmas Bunting!
 Add it to your holiday decor and make your home cozy:)


Next time I'll show you something else
 that I made using B-14 Sew Simple Shape 
so stay tuned!
xx
Lori




2 comments:

acottagequilter said...

So Cute! I love all of the little extras you are doing for us! I am so far behind. Still on the Cozy Present block. We have been doing a remodel of our new home and moved in last week! I sure hope to get settled in soon so I can get back to my quilting!!!

Naomi said...

Very cute!! Your mind must be working OT thinking of all these adorable ways to use your shapes and fabrics! I'm working right along with you! Thank you so much! Can't wait for Sweetie Pie and Bee Happy quilts too!! Hope all is well with you and your family! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails