Thursday, February 23, 2012

This Week...




I am working on the
 red/pink/aqua/gray color way 
from my
fabric line.


Of course I can't show you just yet 
what I'm working on 
until it gets a little bit
 closer to Spring Market...


But what I can show you...
are some photo's 
that I took of my sample yardage
 before I cut into it!


I included a few pieces of
 my vintage jewelry...


a vintage perfume bottle...


and a vintage lipstick tray...


a few of the things that I keep the 
vanity top in my bedroom.



I think all things vintage feminine
 really go with the style and feel
 of this particular color way in
 Millie's Closet...don't you?
After all...
the inspiration for this line 
was my very own Grandma Millie...
who was very feminine and always had
 wonderful pink things on her vanity 
for me to explore:)


Oh I almost forgot!...
the little aqua beaded fringe
 peeking through the top of the photos 
happens to be this 
fabulous vintage purse 
that I have had in my collection 
for quite some time.
Isn't it adorable?

It's crocheted...
 and the long aqua beads
 were added onto the rows 
during the crocheting.

My sidekick/daughter Kassidy
 held it up for me while 
taking the pictures...
I thought it would add a fun texture
 to the background and it's 
my favorite color of aqua:) 


I'm busy stitching up as much as I can
 with my sample yardage...
waiting impatiently (as usual) 
for the bolts to come in.
That should be in about 3 weeks now...
YAAAAYYYYY!!!
xx
Lori 

21 comments:

heidiabc said...

THREE WEEKS! YOu may have well had said never... :) Can't wait to see more.

May Kristin said...

Another gorgeous fabric line from your hands! I'm specially in love with those aqua/red/grey7pink fabrics! Looking forward to see what you are making!

Mary said...

Cute Purse and I see Kassidy has been in the Blue Polish! I have a beaded purse that was my Mom's or Grandma's, I think. I remember how interesting it was to see all the fun Jewelry on my Grandma's Vanity...

StitchinByTheLake said...

I look forward to seeing these fabrics on the shelves at my LQS...they're just gorgeous. Blessings, Marlene

amy said...

Love it!!! I can't wait to see what you are making. :)

Jen said...

I'm an idiot for aqua and red... Can't wait... can't wait... can't wait!

Denise said...

One of the reasons I love your blog is the falously creative way you stage items for your photos! The new fabric line looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it in our stores. I hope it makes it's way to Canada eventually. In the meantime I'll just drool over the photos. Thanks for the sneak peek. Happy sewing!

Ruby Jean said...

Oh FUN FUN FUN!!!! It all looks DELICIOUS.... :) Can't wait to get some for myself... :)

Rae Ann said...

Lori... Millie's Closet is FABULOUS!!! The pictures with the jewelry are making me drool! It just fits so perfectly.
I can hardly wait to get my hands on some and see what you are doing with it all.
I soooo wish that you were bringing it and coming to the cabin with us. Send me pictures along the way.
Just beautiful!
Hugs~

Shayla Sharp said...

what a horrible tease you are! I love that beaded purse, so classy. The fabric is gorgeous--reminds me of my grandma, pink, feminine, vintagey--I love it all!

The Retired Mama said...

I think Millie's Closet is my favorite line yet. But really I am writing about the lipstick tray and the purse. I remember my Mommy having a tray like that-- long since gone. And the purse--- Oh My-- gorgeous!

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

I have two lines that I am just jumping with excitement over. This is one of them!!! lol My husband will be very happy once I order it so he can stop hearing me talk about how much I want it.

-Amanda-

Lynn said...

oh my! this line is absolutely beautiful! way to go!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic fabric! I love the colors and combinations.
The pictures with all the jewelery and purse etc are great, but (I don't want to hurt your feelings) it would look even better on my sideboard ROFL.

If you agre, I'll be happy to send my adress :-).
Dutch hugs

antique quilter said...

cute cute cute!!!
ok love the fabric with the purses way too cute!!!!
oh my and the fabric under it I just love...
yes aqua and red is calling me lately, so happy!
hard to wait isn't it???
Kathie

•stephanie• said...

the dresses. the handbags. the polka dots. the plaid. {bonus points for it being on the bias!} and i'm wondering if those are catalog pages or advertisements of some sort. whatever - it's all so darling. throw in the vintage jewelry and purse and cosmetic tray and it's all just completely over the top. great job!

Kim said...

Well, I'm sure you hear this all the time, but you are new to me so let me just tell you that I think you and all you do are amazing. I've been reading some of your blog too. Great stuff! Just had to say it.

My Vintage Mending said...

That is the most fantastic bag I have seen in some time. Can't wait for Millie's closet. Smiles..Renee

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh my, it's so pretty Lori! That nosegay.. those dots. LOVE IT ALL. xo

Becky G said...

O my gosh this line is just super cute! Can't wait. Well done.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow, I am swooning at that fabric. I love it. The colors are gorgeous and oh the projects running through my mind just looking at it. Looking forward to all the goodies you must be creating! And that lipstick tray is wonderful!
Blessings,
debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails